The AKSSAR was founded in 1954 and currently has 32 members. The Society is part of the organization known as the National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Each of the fifty states are represented as well as the District of Columbia. There are also international societies in Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, Switzerland, the United Kingdom just to name a few.
The purpose of the Society is to maintain and extend:
- the institutions of American freedom
- an appreciation for true patriotism
- a respect for our national symbols
- the value of American citizenship
- the unifying force of e pluribus unum that has created, from the people of many nations, one nation and one people.
To apply for membership in the Society, the applicant must be at least eighteen years old and be able to prove lineal descent from a “patriot” ancestor. Accepted types of proof, the application process, and other definitions may be found on the National Society website.
Interested in membership? Contacts are listed here
See the application worksheet here